A while ago I was looking for an Integration Engineer to join my team. This person would be responsible for provide coded solutions between Game Teams and Shared Service Teams. I thought that I would provide an example of what the Job Description post looked like so that others could use it as a template.
Software Integration Engineer – <<COMPANY NAME>>
Are you interested in working on <<COMPANY SPECIALTY>>? Come join <<COMPANY NAME>> in <<POSITION LOCATION>>!
Do you dream of building <<EXPLAIN THE SELLING POINT OF THE TECH YOUR COMPANY BUILDS>>? As a Software Integration Engineer at <<COMPANY>>, you will specialize in integrating teams and products into high availability and high throughput API’s. In addition to revolutionizing existing technology, we use our world-class programming skills to innovate in a number of other areas as well. Our projects include <<CUSTOMIZE AS APPROPRIATE>> working on advanced information-retrieval algorithms, massive scalability and storage solutions, and large-scale applications that enrich the user experience.
We are committed to developing <<PRINCIPAL PRODUCT>>! Come join us … we’re having a ball!
- Integrate clients and services who wish to utilize our many API’s and services
- Assist with updating SDK’s, RPM’s and other code locations
- Iterate upon best of breed mechanics and improve the integration experience
- Assist partner teams wish to deliver their products via our many API’s and SDK’s
- Maintain high coding standards across PHP, JS, HTML, and CSS
- Handle large assignments
- Working in a quick turnaround environment with Agile development processes
- Exposure and experience with public API’s
- Demonstrated ability to architect solutions to problems that scale in production
- Excellent communication, white boarding and explanation skills
- Self motivated, independent decision making and ability to prioritize your own workload
- Computer Science degree or equivalent