SDET stands for a Software Engineer in Test. These engineers have a keen knack for validating and understanding data. They also doa tremendous job at validating communication and routines. In an Object Oriented Programming world, these Engineers are what keeps us in line with standards and in enable us to write better and more reliable code.
Preparing for an SDET interview can be daunting. What will the interviewer cover? Don’t worry – everyone feels this anxiety. The majority of the interview will be focused around how well you understand data, processes and memory. You know this stuff – you just need to show it to the interviewer.
Below is a quick little list of sample interview questions often asked of SDET.
- Given an array if integers that is circularly stored, how do you find a given integer?
- Implement 3 stacks in a single array.
- How would you design a search engine?
- How would you determine a winner in a game of tic-tac-toe?
- How would you determine a winner in a game of tic-tac-toe given that the game board can be of any size?
- Write an algorithm to find depth of a binary search tree.
- Write an algorithm to find depth of a binary search tree without using recursion.
- Given an array of integers, replace each number in the array with the product of all of the integers except for the one being replaced.
- How would you create a caching system to return the N most recently accessed items.
- Given that you have two files, each with a list of word sin them, write a program that determines intersection.