Here are some details of projects around the house I want to do during 2015.
Lay Concrete next to Driveway – for a trailer, etc
We want to extend the width of our driveway so as to park a trailer, etc on it. Some details and considerations are as follows:
- Approx size would be: 13′ x 20′
- There is bush to be ripped out and bring the concrete all the way to side yard fence.
- There is sprinkler piping that we will need to remove and “cap off”
- There are 2 utility service pieces in the front corner.
Extend Concrete Patio – Backyard
We want to pull up a few small bushes and a bit of grass so that we can extend the concrete patio in our backyard. Some details and considerations are as follows:
- Approx size of the slab to be laid would be around 18′ x 10′
- There are a few bushes to be removed, a few decorative stones, etc
- The concrete would be flush against the house with appropriate concrete spacing material
- The grass would be ripped up, sprinkler piping removed and “capped off”. Half of the grass area would be concrete – half we will cover with bark.
- Will need to discuss leveling options so that water rolls off the side and not towards house.
Tiling of our Guest Bathroom
Currently we have a carpet / linoleum mix in our Guest bathroom. We would like to replace it with Tile. Some thoughts and details.
- Approx size is: 9′ x 4′
- Will need to cut the carpet at the door (as the carpet continues to the hallway) and add appropriate end pieces to keep the carpet tight.
- Will need heavy duty caulking of the tub area once tile is laid.
- Unsure if it will need a leveling agent or not.
- Base boards to be put back (or re-made if needed)
Tiling of our Laundry Room
We want to pull up our linoleum and lay down some tile. Some details:
- Size is approx 12′ x 4′
- Unsure if it will need a leveling agent or not
- The wall baseboards will need to be put back on (or replaced if needed)
The fencing on our house is getting old and starting to show serious wear and tear. I have been able to put in some extra supports – but it may be time to just rip down parts of the fence and replace it.
If we rip out the entire fence is would be potentially ~70 feet long.